Winning the talent management game
WINNING AT THE TALENT MANAGEMENT GAME STARTS WITH KNOWING THE SCORE
Managing a healthcare organization’s workforce is anything but easy. With dozens of departments and service points, as well as clinical and non-clinical staff across all disciplines and sub-specialties, it’s no wonder most organizations struggle to be as effective and efficient as they must be to fulfill their missions.
Are you facing any of these talent challenges?
- Are you experiencing high or constant turnover?
- Are you considering closing beds, floors or limiting services due to a shortage of healthcare personnel?
- Do you frequently rely on staffing sources such as travellers, per diems and locums?
- Pay overtime or incentives?
- Do you encounter a high volume of permanent staff?
Has your organization completed any of these talent management projects in the past 12 months?
- Perform an analysis to find out your vacancy cost.
- Conducting an assessment of your hiring process.
- Compared your hiring metrics against industry standards.
- Used retention programs that include the impact of planning and staffing operations.
Whether you answered yes to any of the first questions or no to any of the second, it’s time to take steps to proactively plan your talent needs, including finding the right balance between permanent staff and casual staff.
Do you know where to start or what is the best way forward for your organization? Do you have the data to know where your system is today and where the opportunities lie? If you don’t know the answers, don’t worry, just read on…
HOW TO KNOW THE SCORE?
The Talent Strategy Dashboard helps you understand and identify opportunities related to your effectiveness in acquiring and retaining your workforce.
A 2-4 week engagement provides key metrics and insights on talent acquisition and operational factors that drive hiring and retention, including:
- Market analysis to see the talent available in the organization’s geographies, comparison with local competitors and national trends.
- Recommendations for improving fill time, increasing agility, improving retention, and maximizing use of technology.
- Financial impact defined around immediate, quick-win opportunities to leverage efficiencies.
- New indicators and objectives adapted to the situation of your organization.
- Time to completion calculator and scenario models to gauge when hiring goals will be met.
- Strategic recommendations to reduce turnover and operational costs while increasing staff retention and satisfaction.
- Specific advice to maximize the use of technology by HR/talent acquisition teams.
If you want help with execution, our recruiting process outsourcing model is flexible, ranging from on-demand recruiter (help when you need it) to a full-cycle, integrated approach.
PUT DATA AT YOUR SERVICE!
The Talent Strategy Dashboard uses your data sources as well as external data to prepare comprehensive recommendations covering all aspects of the talent management, acquisition and recruiting experience, including time to recruitment/hiring, retention and policies. This in-depth analysis assesses multiple factors that impact an organization’s unique advantages and challenges, identifies new opportunities, and guides hiring managers to make informed choices.
HOW A SYSTEM IMPROVED ITS SCORE
When a healthcare leader in the South West needed help identifying opportunities to increase efficiency in acquiring and retaining their nursing workforce, they turned to AMN Healthcare.
We recommend starting with the talent strategy dashboard. We then worked with the organization to streamline their hiring process, improve their candidate experience, and increase their social media presence.
As a result, they were able to cut hire and onboarding time by two weeks and go from losing monthly headcount to gaining net new hires in just the first year. These improvements resulted in annual savings of $5.0 million.
START KEEPING SCORING!
For more information on the Talent Strategy Dashboard and Consulting, contact us at RPOinfo@amnhealthcare.com or visit our Recruitment Solutions page on AMNHealthcare.com.